Adtalem Global Education Foundation Gives Grants Totaling $430,000
The Adtalem Global Education Foundation is committed to investing to expand access to education, jobs and careers; supporting the development of the communities where we live and work; and combating inequality and encouraging civic engagement. To uphold this commitment, the Foundation has recently approved nine grants to partners, totaling $430,000. Learn more about the Foundation's grant recipients and how the grants are impacting their missions.
- A Better Chicago is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more equitable city for young people and future generations. The Adtalem Global Education Foundation’s grant will help the organization strategically invest in their portfolio organizations.
- After School Matters is a nonprofit organization that provides Chicago high school teens with after-school and summer opportunities. To support the organization’s mental health initiative, the Adtalem Global Education Foundation’s grant will help the organization provide mental health education and services to hundreds of Chicago teens and instructors.
- American Humane is dedicated to ensuring the safety, welfare and well-being of animals. In support of its Pups4Patriots program that helps fill the demand for highly trained service dogs to support veterans, the Adtalem Global Education Foundation’s grant will cover direct expenses of training service dogs and pairing them with qualified veterans.
- Cures Within Reach is a nonprofit organization that finds and funds clinical trials testing for approved therapies to fast-track safe and effective treatments for new indications. The Adtalem Global Education Foundation’s grant will be used to support the expansion of two programs within their growing DEI efforts – clinical trials impacting health disparities and building the pipeline of fundable minority clinical trial researchers.
- Mission Animal Hospital is the only nonprofit veterinary hospital in the Midwest. To expand the animal hospital to locations across the country, the Adtalem Global Education Foundation’s grant will support the hospital’s goal of opening its first branch location.
- North Carolina Central University (NCCU) provides scholarship support for students, initiates important projects and supports experimental academic programs. The Adtalem Global Education Foundation’s grant will aid the HBCU’s purchase and installation of a simulation center management system for use in the Clinical Learning Resource Center within NCCU’s Department of Nursing. The system will allow for increased collaboration with students, faculty and healthcare professionals outside of NCCU.
- Peralta Colleges Foundation serves as the Peralta Community College District’s non-profit charitable auxiliary to provide meaningful opportunities for its students. The Adtalem Global Education Foundation’s grant will support the organization’s Peralta Online Equity Initiative, a professional development and course redesign effort to increase access for underserved populations to higher education by reducing equity-related barriers that impact online students' retention and success.
- Polaris is a nonprofit organization leading a data-driven social justice movement that reduces and prevents sex and labor trafficking. In support of the work the organization does, the Adtalem Global Education Foundation’s grant will help sustain recent growth of the mental health component of their Wellness and Employee Assistance Program, a resource available to Polaris employees who serve human trafficking victims and survivors while working on the National Human Trafficking Hotline.
- Summer Search is a year-round program that empowers young people to confidently pursue their vision of success during and after high school through mentoring, summer experiential learning opportunities, individualized college & post-secondary advising, and career supports. The Adtalem Global Education Foundation’s grant will support programmatic innovations in their Bay Area and New York City post-secondary and alumni programs to better support educational attainment, career readiness and employability.