Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Reporting Security & Confidentiality
What is Convercent?
Convercent is our third-party business partner that provides ethics and compliance hotline and case management solutions. Adtalem Global Education (“Adtalem”) has contracted with Convercent to provide the Speak Up Program, a confidential and anonymous reporting platform for colleagues and students.
How does Convercent maintain confidentiality?
Convercent does not trace or record phone calls or use Caller Identification. In addition, Convercent does not generate or maintain internal connection logs containing Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Reports from your computer would come through a secure Internet portal.
Reporting – General
May I report using either the Internet or the telephone?
Yes. With Convercent, you have the ability to file a confidential, anonymous report via the Internet or the telephone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Reports may be filed via the Internet at www.speakupadtalem.com. Options are available to display the report form in 50+ languages.
• For those in the United States, call toll free 1-800-461-9330 to report the issue with the help of a Convercent call center representative.
• Those in North America also have the option to submit a report via SMS by texting REPORT to 773-904-1074.
• For those outside the United States, please access additional international dialing instructions in your preferred language at www.speakupadtalem.com.
What type of situations should I report?
Our purpose in creating a Speak Up Program is part of our goal to deliver Adtalem CARE by providing students and colleagues with the opportunity to report concerns. To enhance communication and empower you to speak up, you may use this system to report concerns about safety, ethical conduct, policy violations or illegal behavior.
Can I change my report after I submit it?
You won't be able to change it, but you will be able to add additional details using message boards.
What happens when I submit a report using the Convercent HelpLine or HelpSite?
When you call or text the Convercent HelpLine, or visit the HelpSite, you are actually contacting an independent third-party service provider completely independent of Adtalem. Convercent, provides local-language operators, when necessary, so you are encouraged to utilize the HelpLine in your native language.
1. When using the HelpLine or Help Site, a detailed summary of your question or concern is captured in the Convercent system. Those in North America may also submit a report by SMS, which is also run by Convercent.
2. The reporter receives confirmation that the report has been successfully submitted and receives a case number and password to access the HelpSite to ask/answer questions, provide additional information, or check the status of the report.
3. The Integrity and Compliance and Security teams receive an alert that a new report has been submitted and assign the report to the appropriate team member.
4. The assigned Adtalem team member reviews the concerns and initiates an investigation into the claims made in the report, communicating with the reporter using the Convercent platform as necessary.
5. When the investigation has concluded, the assigned Adtalem team member will make a determination based on the merits of the report and the findings of the investigation.
6. The reporter will be notified about the results of the investigation and the case is closed in the system.
To help ensure anonymity and protect confidentiality the information you provide will only be given on a need to know basis to those investigating your complaint or concern.
Reporting Security & Confidentiality
What if I want to remain anonymous?
Convercent offers reporters the option to remain anonymous. If you wish to remain anonymous, answer “Yes” when prompted.
Requests to remain anonymous will be honored where allowed by local law. Some jurisdictions do not permit reporters to remain anonymous, particularly in some international locations.
Will this remain confidential and anonymous?
Depending on local laws anonymity options may vary. In all instances, every effort will be made to ensure that information relating to a reported incident is kept confidential and communicated on a need-to-know basis only. Below are the different levels of anonymity you may be able to select:
1. Remain completely anonymous:
You will not reveal your name or contact information to Convercent. Your identity is completely protected on the incident report.
2. Remain anonymous toward organization:
You are comfortable revealing your name and contact information to Convercent, but not to Adtalem. Convercent may contact you confidentially to gather additional information about the report yet will not reveal your identity at any time to Adtalem.
3. Share my name and information:
You do not care about anonymity. You choose to reveal your name and identity to both Adtalem and to Convercent.
How can I follow-up on my report if I choose to remain anonymous?
When you report anonymously, you do not tell Convercent your name or any other identifying information about yourself. You may report your concern anonymously by using either the web- based form or by phone, which are both operated by Convercent. If you choose to make your report anonymously, you will be provided a confidential issue access number and asked to provide a personal password and security question. The access number and password allow you to check the status of the report on the Convercent website (www.convercent.com/report), as well as send and receive anonymous messages pertaining to your report at any time. If you provided an email address you will also receive email notifications from Convercent as the report status is updated. This process will also allow Adtalem to ask follow-up questions, while protecting your anonymity.
What if I want to be identified with my report?
There is a section in the report for identifying yourself, if you wish.
What is the difference between reporting anonymously and maintaining confidentiality?
Reporting anonymously is when the identity of the reporter is not given. Maintaining confidentiality is when the content of the report is not shared with others.
U.S. - 1-800-461-9330
North America SMS - 773-904-1074
Outside the US – please visit www.speakupadtalem.com for international calling instructions in your preferred language.
For additional questions or concerns regarding Convercent reporting, please contact SecurityAlert@adtalem.com or Compliance@adtalem.com.