ACAMS 7th Annual AML Risk Management Conference
Speakers include Pulitzer Prize-Winning Journalist Jake Bernstein and Former OFAC Director John E. Smith
Centered on the theme “Risky Business: Managing Your Institution,” the ACAMS 7th Annual AML Risk Management Conference offers a dynamic platform for financial crime prevention professionals to learn new solutions aimed at tackling risk vulnerabilities, overcoming daily regulatory challenges and strengthening their institutions’ risk management. The annual event will take place at the New York Marriott Marquis on June 21, 2019, and will bring together hundreds of professionals from regulatory, law enforcement and banking sectors.
Attendees will take part in robust discussions on day-to-day anti-financial crime challenges and important risk management issues through our sessions, Q&A segments and extended networking breaks.
“We are honored to have John E. Smith, partner at Morrison & Foerster LLP and former OFAC director, and Jake Bernstein, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author of Secrecy World: Inside the Panama Papers Investigation of Illicit Money Networks and the Global Elite, join us this year to share their insights and expertise,” said Rohit Sharma, president and managing director of ACAMS.
Some of the topics include:
- CDD Final Rule: Practical Solutions for Problematic Challenges
- Keep Off the Grass: Mitigating the Risks of Banking Marijuana-Related Businesses
- A Match Made in Risk Management Heaven: AML Compliance and Artificial Intelligence
The speaker lineup includes:
- John E. Smith, partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP, former director, OFAC
- Jake Bernstein, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, author of Secrecy World: Inside the Panama Papers Investigation of Illicit Money Networks and the Global Elite
- Marina Adams, compliance officer and assistant vice president, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- William Badinelli, CAMS, managing director, Internal Audit, JP Morgan Chase
For more information and to download the full conference schedule, visit https://www.acamsconferences.org/nyc/. The conference offers a real-time broadcast option that provides access to live streaming videos of special presentation addresses and panel discussions, downloadable session audio recordings, online chat capabilities with participants, a certificate of participation and CAMS credits.
Editor’s Note: Members of the media may contact Ernie Gibble at email@example.com for credentials to cover the conference or for login information to participate through the virtual conference option.