ACAMS 6th Annual AML & Financial Crime Conference to Address Regulatory Expectations and Compliance Trends
In today’s global compliance landscape, financial crime prevention professionals face an ever-evolving environment where they must adapt in order to address new anti-money laundering (AML) challenges. The ACAMS 6th Annual AML & Financial Crime Conference—Canada explores a myriad of topics essential to AML professionals in Canada, including trade-based money laundering schemes, challenges associated with the next generation of payment systems, cryptocurrencies, marijuana, gaming banking and more.
Centered on the theme, “Gaining an Edge on AML’s Tech-Driven Future,” the conference will take place at the Hilton Toronto on 31 October–1 November, 2018.
“The conference kicks off with a regulatory panel that lets compliance professionals both hear from and ask questions of their regulators, Finance Canada, OSFI and FINTRAC,” said Kieran Beer, director of editorial content at ACAMS. “In other panel sessions conference attendees will learn about the latest examination expectations from two FINTRAC officials, gain insights into emerging financial crime, and get a better understanding of the latest developments in Fintech and emerging payment systems as well as Regtech.”
The ACAMS Canada Conference gives AML professionals new insights and practical strategies to help their institutions improve compliance and mitigate fraud and financial crime risks.
“We are honored that Nada Semaan, director and chief executive officer (CEO) at FINTRAC, is joining us as this year’s keynote speaker and we look forward to hearing from her about the current regulatory landscape,” said Beer.
Semaan was appointed director and CEO of FINTRAC on 5 March 2018. Previously, she held various senior-level government positions, including assistant deputy minister at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and at Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, where she played a key role in the conception, design and implementation of the Service Canada initiative.
Featured sessions include:
- Regulatory Roundtable: Assessing the Latest Regulatory and Policy Updates, Compliance Trends and Hot Topics
- The Next Generation of Payment Systems, Cryptocurrencies and Other Technology Advances
- Navigating the Rapidly Evolving Marijuana Legislation and Regulatory Landscape and Compliance Risks
- AML’s Emerging Technologies: Analyzing Advancements in Regtech, Automation, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Other speakers include:
- Special Presentation: Nicolas Burbidge F.C.I.S., owner, Nicolas Burbidge AML Consulting Corporation
- Special Presentation: Rick McDonell, former executive secretary, Financial Action Task Force (FATF), executive director, ACAMS
- Lepa Jankovic, CAMS, Sensitive and International Investigations, National Division, Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Brian Goldstein, assistant legal attaché, FBI Canada
- Anthony Kissmate, compliance manager, compliance sector, FINTRAC
- Christine Duhaime, CAMS, attorney, Duhaime Law
- Carrie Hagerman, relationships and guidance manager, compliance, FINTRAC | CANAFE
- Liat Shetret, ECOFEL program manager, Egmont Group
- Erin Feeney, director AML/CFT supervision, OSFI
- Maxime Beaupré, director, Finance Canada
- Barry MacKillop, deputy director, operations, FINTRAC
- Quynh Nguyen, compliance manager, FINTRAC
For more information and to download the full conference schedule, visit https://www.acamsconferences.org/canada/. The conference offers a real-time broadcast option that provides access to live streaming videos of keynote addresses and panel discussions, downloadable session audio recordings, online chat capabilities with participants, and certificate of participation and CAMS credits.
Editor’s Note: Members of the media may contact Kieran Beer at [email protected] or +1 646.330.4866 for credentials to cover the conference or for login information to participate through the virtual conference option.
About the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists® (ACAMS®)
ACAMS is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. ACAMS is the largest international membership organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and skills of anti-money laundering (AML) and financial crime professionals from a wide range of industries, with extensive resources designed to develop and sharpen the skills required for superior job performance and career advancement. Its CAMS certification is the most widely recognized AML certification among compliance professionals worldwide. Visit acams.org for more information.
Kieran Beer, CAMS
Director of Editorial Content
ACAMS moneylaundering.com ®
o: +1 646.330.4866